Saturday, November 20, 2010

no.19

I'm looking at you kid...
isn't that what you wanted,
The Glory?

I'm looking at you kid...
don't doubt me when I say
I can see right through you

I'm looking at you kid..
i can see your cheeky smile
your masculine stance

I'm looking at you kid...
I spy your built arms,
your manicured kicks

I'm looking at you kid...
I am gazing beyond
the facade

I'm looking at you kid...
I can see your flaws,
the endless imperfections

I'm looking at you kid..
Your stance is strong yet
you are riddled with pain

I'm looking at you kid...
i could probably destroy you
with the honesty you've never heard

I'm looking at you kid...
I double dare you
to look at yourself too

-so-


Here's to you kid!
thanks for the witty banter
the morning calls

Here's to you Kid!
thanks for the food
the sexual prowess

Here's to you Kid!
thanks for the empty promises
the meaningless bull in your hands

Here's to you Kid!
thanks for dragging this out,
the lies were kinda hard to understand

Here's to you Kid!
thanks for letting me see
the truth at last


Here's to you Kid!
thanks for being your own worst enemy
the last laugh is for me.

So, a final cheers - just for you

Thank you Kid,
have a great journey,
a beautiful adventure with it all -
and when the going gets tough,
you will see me,
I wish you everything and more,
and mostly mostly I wish you courage to face all that I have before......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this one x

Anonymous said...

I like this one Kat x

Postcard Friend said...

nice poem : )

christof said...

This is without a doubt my favourite!! I used to hate it when she used to call me kid and now all I long for is the sweet day when she will pop up unexpectedly and call me kid again. That is our adventure together and forever will always exist!! Do not stop believing!!